When adding your payment information to Stape, you will be asked to add billing details which indicates whether or not you are inside the EU for VAT purposes. VAT will not apply if you indicate that you are outside of the European Union.
If you are within the European Union for VAT purposes, you should take the following details into account:
- VAT will not be applied to your payment if you use our service and provide us with your valid VAT number.
- If you use our service and your VAT number is invalid, VAT will be charged at the rate applicable in your country of residence. Please ensure the following to avoid this:
- Your VAT number is entered correctly, including your country number, and is valid.
- You are not using your personal (individual) VAT number
- If you use our service and we are unable to validate the VAT number you provided, we will process your payment and charge VAT. We'll attempt to confirm it again later.
- If you use our service as an individual (B2C), VAT will be charged at the rate applicable in your country of residence.
Instead, if a client places an order for a recurring subscription and verifies that he or she uses Stape services in Cyprus, a 19% VAT rate applies. If Greece is chosen as a country of consumption, a 24% VAT rate will be applied.